I ended up getting The Drawn Thread's "Sampler of Stitches" back out and worked on it some...
I got all the "U" stitches finished. That buttonhole stitch on the bottom gave me lots of trouble. The Soie Perlee was not easy to work with. After three tries I finally got it in.
32 ct. Vintage Magnolia, Soie d'Alger silk (1 over 2).
After I had enough of specialty stitches I decided to get back to "The Stockings."
32 ct. Oatmeal linen by R&R, various silk threads (1 over 2)
I changed the darker green from Belle Soie Collard Greens to Creme De Menthe and I'm much happier with it now.
I only wish I had used darker linen so Santa's beard would show up better. Oh well, no starting over now!! :) Not sure when I'll be able to post again... I have Christmas Cookies to bake and bags to pack for our trip. It's going to be busy until Christmas. Just in case I don't get a chance to post before Christmas I want to wish everyone a very Happy Holiday! Be safe and have fun!! :)
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad