I signed up with the secret pals, I'm really looking forward to it! Here's my info...
1. Are you a yarn snob (do you prefer higher quality and/or natural fibers)? Do you avoid Red Heart and Lion Brand? Or is it all the same to you?
I love high quality yarn, but my wallet can't always afford it, so I am not a yarn snob. I have plenty of Lion Brand in my stash, but no Red Heart.
2. Do you spin? Crochet?
I'm am new to spinning... still learning! I don't crochet. My grandmother taught me when I was younger, but I have now forgot how to do it.
3. Do you have any allergies? (smoke, pets, fibers, perfume, etc.)
4. How long have you been knitting?
I have been knitting for about 2 years now, seriously knitting for about 10 months.
5. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?
I do, but it's not updated... better get on that!
6. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products etc.)
Vanilla, plumeria and rose.
7. Do you have a sweet tooth?
Oh yeah! Dark Chocolate and sour candy!
8. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do?
I cross stitched for 16 years, but since I started knitting seriously I haven't stitched much at all!
9. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)
I like R&B (mariah carey, desitiny's child) and pop. Yes, my computer can play MP3s.
10. What's your favorite color? Or--do you have a color family/season/palette you prefer? Any colors you just can't stand?
Favorite would probably be purple. I don't hate any colors.
11. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?
I have two sons ages 2 and 4. I have one older cat and a new puppy (8 weeks).
12. What are your life dreams? (really stretching it here, I know)
To own a yarn shop of course! :)
13. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with?
Debbie Bliss Cashmerino and Rowan Calmer.
14. What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?
Acrylic... I just hate the squeakiness!
15. What is/are your current knitting obsession/s?
16. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?
Socks because they're very portable and an instant gratification for me!
17. What are you knitting right now?
Nothin but a T-shirt, a pair of socks, Debbie Bliss's Grace.
18. What do you think about ponchos?
Liked them for a minute, but I'm over them now.
19. Do you prefer straight or circular needles?
20. Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?
Aluminum (addi turbo's are my favorite).
21. Are you a sock knitter?
22. How did you learn to knit?
My mother taught me.
23. How old is your oldest UFO?
Probably my first sweater... I have a back and a sleeve finished.
24. What is your favorite animated character or a favorite animal/bird?
Favorite animal - sheep!
25. What is your favorite holiday?
Easter, Halloween, Christmas.
26. Is there anything that you collect?
27. What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?
None, just get em when they come out.
28. Any books out there you are dying to get your hands on?
Not at the moment.
I think that's it! I'll do a real post soon, I have been knitting, and will show pics soon!